RV Marine Battery
An ODYSSEY® battery can be a reliable RV marine battery option for your next battery solution. No longer will you have to worry about losing power in remote locations or any other situation. ODYSSEY® battery offers incredible starting power (up to 2,700 amps), a lifespan of as long as 3-10 years and extreme temperature tolerance. It will operate in temperatures as low as -40°F (-40°C) to as high as 176°F (80°C).
As impressive as these characteristics may be, they only scratch the surface of the many reasons why once you use an ODYSSEY® battery, you’ll never want to use anything else.
How to Choose an RV Marine Battery
There are several different RV marine batteries out there, of course. If you haven’t purchased one before, you may find it challenging to choose the right one now. The following information should make your decision a little easier.
- How much energy will you need? – There are several layers to this question. How will you use your camper? Is it only occasionally, or do you do a lot of traveling? Is the RV typically hooked up to outlets when you travel? When you use your RV, what are the usual weather conditions? Do you travel in places prone to thunderstorms that could cause power outages? Answering these questions will go a long way toward helping you decide on the best possible battery. After all, you want to maximize your enjoyment and not have to worry about losing power.
- What kind of battery will do the best job of meeting your needs? – Batteries come in many different types, including conventional flooded lead acid, Absorbed Glass Mat (AGM), and AGM with Thin Plate Pure Lead (TPPL). If you plan on spending a lot of time off the grid (known as “boondocking”), then an ODYSSEY® battery with TPPL technology is an ideal choice.
- Temperature changes – How good of a job will your battery do at withstanding extremely low or high temperatures? If you love going to a wide variety of places, you’re going to encounter a wide range of temperature extremes. The last thing you want to deal with is a battery that fails because it can’t handle extreme cold or hot temperatures. As you learned earlier, ODYSSEY® batteries will operate reliably in temperatures from -40°F (-40°C) to up to 176°F (80°C).
How to Extend the Life of Your RV Batteries
While ODYSSEY® batteries are built for the long haul, there are a few ways you can ensure that they reach their maximum lifespan. The best thing about doing this is that it’s very easy.
- Always refer to the owner’s manual if you have any questions about how best to use your ODYSSEY®
- Turn off your battery and disconnect it if you don’t plan on using your RV for an extended period.
- Make sure your battery is mounted correctly. If a battery is mounted loosely, it will be subjected to forces it isn’t built to handle. Check the hold-downs periodically, and replace them if needed.
To learn more about an RV marine battery from ODYSSEY® battery, please click here.